Mourne Project is a specialist skills development centre for adults with brain injury who are living in the community within Belfast and South Eastern Trust areas.
The facility provides day support and training opportunities for a small group of approximately 20 people. These individuals may be unable to access traditional day support programmes because of their complex needs thus requiring a high level of staff support.
Mourne Project is located on the bottom floor of a detached villa in the parkland of Knockbracken Healthcare Park.
Care and support
At Mourne Project, each service user has a structured programme of therapeutic, social and recreational activities as appropriate to their individual needs and as based on agreed goals, interests and preferences. Examples of activities may be in the area of:
- Cognitive rehabilitation e.g. problem solving, planning skills
- Social skills e.g. coping, confidence
- Skills development; we are committed to the development of existing and new skills and to the maintenance of these skills
- Improving physical activity e.g. walking, gym attendance
- Activities of daily living e.g. washing
- Practical activities which engage service users in what interests them
How to access the service
Referrals come from the respective Community Brain Injury Team.
For more information, please contact the manager at Mourne Project on 028 9615 0200.
Knockbracken Healthcare Park