Translink Journey Planner
Help reduce traffic congestion on our hospital sites by travelling on public transport. The Translink Journey Planner can help you plan your rail and bus travel.
The G1 Glider stops at the Falls Road entrance to the Royal Hospitals site. You can walk from there down to the main entrance of the Children’s Hospital in 5 to 10 minutes.
The G1 service runs frequently from McKinstry Road (West Belfast) to Dundonald (East Belfast) and vice versa through the city centre. Glider stops in the city centre are located at:
- May Street (St George’s Market and City Hall)
- College Square East
|Glider City Centre
||Glider G1 West
- There are regular Metro services from Queen’s Street in Belfast city centre.
- Routes 10 and 82 stop at the Falls Road entrance to the Royal Hospitals site. You can walk from there down to the main entrance of the Children’s Hospital in 5 to 10 minutes.
- Route 81 stops at the Grosvenor Road entrance to the Royal Hospitals site. You can walk from there to the main entrance of the Children’s Hospital in 10 to 15 minutes.
- A special Royal Hospitals bus (route 95) leaves from Donegall Square East at the side of City Hall at 7.10am, 7.30am and every half hour after that. It stops at Howard Street and the Europa Bus Centre on Glengall Street. This service does not run on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Park and Ride services from Blacks Road and Sprucefield stop at the Roden Street footbridge. This is near the Mulhouse Road entrance to the Royal Hospitals site.
- Click here for all route timetables.
By shuttle bus
A shuttle bus runs regularly between the Royal Hospitals and Belfast City Hospital sites from 7.40am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.
A bicycle path runs along the Westlink to the Mulhouse Road and Broadway entrances to the Royal Hospitals site.
There is also a bicycle path along Durham Street and the Grosvenor Road. This takes you from the city centre to the Grosvenor Road entrance to the Royal Hospitals site.
Belfast Bike docking stations are also available at the Broadway entrance to the Royal Hospitals site and at Servia Street on the Grosvenor Road.
The Children’s Hospital is approximately a 20 to 25 minute walk from Great Victoria Street railway station and the Europa Bus Centre. The quickest route to walk is along the Grosvenor Road.
There is no train station near the Children’s Hospital. However, you can catch a connecting route 95 Metro bus at the Europa Bus Centre, which is beside Great Victoria Street railway station.
Translink Park and Ride
Door 2 Door Transport Services
This scheme helps older people or people with disabilities to access local services. You must first join the scheme, but you will then be eligible to access the transport. There is a small charge for this service.
For further information, please contact Disability Action:
- Telephone: 0845 608 5555
- Textphone: 028 9029 7882
- Website: www.disabilityaction.org
The Children’s Hospital can be accessed by either the Broadway or Grosvenor Road entrances. Both entrances are close to the M1, Westlink and Falls Road.
If arriving by car, please use the visitors’ car park at the Children’s Hospital marked on this Royal Hospitals site map.
As you approach the Children’s Hospital, you will see the hospital and car park are on two different levels. You can drop off passengers at the front door of the hospital before going into the car park.
Belfast City Airport has regular domestic flights and is five miles from the Children’s Hospital via the Westlink and M3 motorway. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 600 operates a regular service between the City Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Belfast International Airport has regular flights around Ireland, the UK, Europe and other international destinations. The airport is 20 miles from the Children’s Hospital via the Westlink and M2 motorway. This takes about 35 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 300 operates a regular service between the International Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Public transport and travel information
Read more transport and travel information that may be useful for patients and visitors travelling to Trust facilities.