Translink Journey Planner
Help reduce traffic congestion on our hospital sites by travelling on public transport. The Translink Journey Planner can help you plan your rail and bus travel.
- There are bus stops on the hospital site at the Security Building, Rheumatology Unit, Withers, Mitre Unit and Meadowlands.
- Metro routes 9A and 9B also leave from Donegall Square East and provide access to Musgrave Park Hospital from the Lisburn Road, stops at Kings Hall, Balmoral. From there, the main hospital building is a 15 minute walk. Cross the road and go underneath the railway bridge. The hospital entrance is on your left.
- Click here for all route timetables.
There are currently no cycle lanes on Stockmans Lane.
Bicycle parking for visitors and patients is located outside the Mitre Unit.
- Balmoral train stop is beside the entrance to Musgrave Park Hospital. The main hospital is a 15 minute walk from there.
- You can access regular connections to both Lanyon Place and Great Victoria Street, as well as the Bangor, Derry, Dublin, Larne, Newry, Portadown and Portrush lines.
Translink Park and Ride
Disability Action Transport Scheme (DATS)
This scheme helps older people or people with disabilities to access local services. You must first join the scheme, but you will then be eligible to access the transport. There is a small charge for this service.
For further information, please contact Disability Action:
- Telephone: 028 9029 7870
- Website: www.disabilityaction.org
Musgrave Park Hospital can be accessed by the Stockmans Lane entrance beside the railway bridge. This entrance is close to the M1, Lisburn Road and Boucher Road.
There are a number of free public car parks on the Musgrave Park Hospital site.
Car parks are marked on this Musgrave Park Hospital site map.
Parking for blue badge holders
There are a number of parking spaces for blue badge holders across the Musgrave Park Hospital site:
|Parking spaces for blue badge holders|
|Across the free public car parks||18|
|MITRE Rehabilitation Unit||14|
|Outpatients and x-ray department||12|
|Front of the Withers building||8|
|Regional Disablement Services building||7|
|Regional Acquired Brain Injury Unit||6|
|Meadowlands Ambulatory Care Centre||4|
|Forest Lodge Children’s Respite Unit||3|
Electric vehicle charge points
We have installed an electric vehicle charge point at Musgrave Park Hospital. The ecar charge point can be found in front of the Security Building.
The charge point can be accessed using the RFID card supplied by e-carni.
Belfast City Airport has regular domestic flights and is seven miles from Musgrave Park Hospital via the Westlink and M3 motorway. This takes about 20 to 25 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 600 operates a regular service between the City Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Belfast International Airport has regular flights around Ireland, the UK, Europe and other international destinations. The airport is 22 miles from Musgrave Park Hospital via the Westlink and M2 motorway. This takes about 35 to 40 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 300 operates a regular service between the International Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Public transport and travel information
Read more transport and travel information that may be useful for patients and visitors travelling to Trust facilities.