The Social Work Department is available to help people and their families who have been diagnosed and are living with cancer.
This service is available to inpatients, outpatients and daypatients.
The Social Work Department is located in the Cancer Centre in the Belfast City Hospital, Belfast.
The Social Work Department offer a range of services to cancer patients including:
- Assistance in planning for discharge
- Assessment for practical care and support at home
- Assessment for short or long term stays in residential or nursing care homes
- Assisting parents with information and ways of responding to the needs of their children e.g. explaining what is happening
- Arranging for advice regarding financial pressures e.g. state benefits
- Assessment and support to carers especially young carers, to ensure that their needs are considered
- Support to deal with the emotional impact of cancer
- Support for teenagers and young adults up to and including 24 years old. For more information click here
If you would like to talk to someone from our department about an issue you have that is worrying you, or if you have been diagnosed with cancer and are trying to contact your social worker who works in the cancer centre, you can write to us, phone us or ask your cancer specialist doctor or clinical nurse specialist to contact us.
Social Work Department
Belvoir Park Suite
Belfast City Hospital
Telephone: 02895 040407