Translink Journey Planner
Help reduce traffic congestion on our hospital sites by travelling on public transport. The Translink Journey Planner can help you plan your rail and bus travel.
- Metro routes 9A and 9B leave from Donegall Square East and pass the Lisburn Road entrance to Belfast City Hospital.
- Metro routes 91 and 92 leave from Donegall Square East and pass the Donegall Road entrance to the hospital.
- Park and Ride services from Blacks Road and Sprucefield stop at the Roden Street footbridge. You can walk from here to the Donegall Road entrance to the hospital in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Click here for all route timetables.
By shuttle bus
A shuttle bus runs regularly between the Royal Hospitals and Belfast City Hospital sites from 7.40am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.
There are currently no cycle lanes on the Lisburn Road or Donegall Road.
Bicycle parking for visitors and patients is located at the two-storey car park in front of the Tower Block and Cancer Centre.
A Belfast Bike docking station is also available at the Lisburn Road pedestrian entrance to the City Hospital site.
- The City Hospital has its own train stop. The Tower building is a five minute walk from the train stop.
- You can access regular connections to both Lanyon Place and Great Victoria Street, as well as the Bangor, Derry, Dublin, Larne, Newry, Portadown and Portrush lines.
Translink Park and Ride
Door 2 Door Transport Services
This scheme helps older people or people with disabilities to access local services. You must first join the scheme, but you will then be eligible to access the transport. There is a small charge for this service.
For further information, please contact Disability Action:
- Telephone: 0845 608 5555
- Textphone: 028 9029 7882
- Website: www.disabilityaction.org
The City Hospital can be accessed by either the Lisburn Road or Donegall Road entrances. Both entrances are close to the M1, Westlink and Boucher Road.
There are a number of car parks on the City Hospital site to choose from.
Belfast City Airport has regular domestic flights and is six miles from Belfast City Hospital via the Westlink and M3 motorway. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 600 operates a regular service between the City Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Belfast International Airport has regular flights around Ireland, the UK, Europe and other international destinations. The airport is 20 miles from Belfast City Hospital via the Westlink and M2 motorway. This takes about 35 minutes by car, but may take longer at peak times. Bus route 300 operates a regular service between the International Airport and Europa Bus Centre. Download the timetable here.
Public transport and travel information
Read more transport and travel information that may be useful for patients and visitors travelling to Trust facilities.