We want your discharge from Knockbracken to go as smoothly as possible. If you are worried about leaving hospital, please speak to your doctor or nurse.
A family member or friend may have agreed to support you when you leave hospital. It is important they know that support is available for them. Visit our section on carers’ services.
What we will do
- We will give your family member or friend the information they need for their caring role.
- We will send a letter to your GP with details of the treatment you have received and any further care you may need.
- We will tell you about any follow-up appointments and the details will also be posted to you.
- If you need to continue your treatment, we will provide a supply of your prescribed medicines.
What you should do
- If possible, ask a carer, friend or relative to pick you up when you leave. If you require transport, please speak to a member of the nursing staff.
- If you are going to an address other than your usual address, please inform your nurse, who can then notify your GP or the community nursing service.
- Please let us know if you require a medical (sick) certificate before you leave hospital.
- If you experience any difficulties after you have returned home, please contact your GP at any time for help or advice.