In an Emergency
Emergency Departments are located at the following hospitals:
- Royal Victoria Hospital
ED Reception (adults): 028 9063 2250
- Children’s Hospital (Royal site)
ED Reception (children): 028 9063 2251
- Mater Hospital
Contact ED through the main switchboard: 028 9074 1211
GP Out of Hours Service
If you need GP assistance outside of surgery hours, you can call the GP Out of Hours Service
- 028 9079 6220 (in South and East Belfast)
- 028 9074 4447 (in North and West Belfast)
Regional Emergency Social Work Service
If you need Social work assistance outside of office hours
028 9504 9999
Child Protection Services
If you are concerned about the safety or welbeing of a child call Gateway to Children’s Social Work Service:
- During Office Hours
028 9050 7000
- Out of hours, weekends and public holidays
028 9504 9999
Mental Health Emergencies
If you have an urgent concern about the mental health of yourself or someone you know, please contact:
- During Office Hours Monday to Friday:
Your own GP
- Out of hours, evenings, weekend and public holidays:
GP Out of Hours Service:
- South & East Belfast, Sebdoc: 028 9079 6220
- North & West Belfast, Beldoc: 028 9074 4447
Relief of Dental Pain Clinic
A Relief of Dental Pain Service is available to anyone who requires emergency dental care. It operates at the Dental Out-patients Department Wing F, Outpatients Department on the Ground Floor of the Belfast City Hospital.
- Monday to Friday: (1 session per day) – 7.00pm to 9.15pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: (2 Sessions per day) – 10.00am to 12.15pm and 7.00pm to 9.15pm.
This will replace the previous system of three sessions per day with one dentist on weekends and bank holidays.
There will now be two dentists providing treatment on all sessions in RODP. This will also include a process of triage to ensure the patients who require treatment urgently are seen as a priority, the remaining patients will be seen in order of the time of arrival at the clinic.
Patients should attend as early in a session as possible and bring their medical card. Only emergency or relief of pain treatment will be provided and normal Health Service charges will apply to those who are not exempt. No appointment is required.
Telephone: 028 9063 8486.