We are delighted to confirm that we are now recruiting for the new Belfast HSC Trust Maternity Hospital and Neonatal Unit. This multi-million pound building is due to open in summer 2022 and recruitment is now underway.
Are you interested in being part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports 5,000 births per year and provides a range of regional specialist maternity services and a regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit?
The team consists of midwives, doctors, neonatal nurses, allied health professionals (AHPs), critical care scientists, clinical psychologists and support staff. They all work together to provide a high-quality, caring and compassionate service for women and babies.
Why work in Belfast?
- A friendly, welcoming team.
- Award-winning services – an unprecedented four awards at the recent Royal College of Midwives Awards (see below).
- Full range of high-quality obstetric services, including regional specialisms and tertiary referrals.
- Excellent midwifery services including the Active Birth Centre, a new 10-bed midwifery led unit (expanded from the current four beds) and a standalone midwifery-led unit, as well as home birth. All rooms in the Active Birth Centre are fitted with pools, as are six birthing rooms in the new delivery suite.
- Excellent neonatal unit incorporating the regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with support for complex cases.
- Continuity of midwifery care is currently being rolled out and the service intends to move to this model.
- Excellent AHP team including physiotherapists, dieticians, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and clinical psychologists.
- Award-winning support for newly qualified midwives, which includes the Smart Pack that details competencies required and gives newly-qualified midwives a clear pathway to Band 6 sign-off.
- Active, award-winning Royal College of Midwives branch.
- Great career development prospects.
Some positions are open for applications now.
For others, check out the job descriptions below and register your interest to be first to hear when recruitment opens.
See where your future with us could be!
We are recruiting for newly qualified Band 5 midwives to join our innovative and growing team.
We are recruiting for experienced Band 6 midwives to join our award-winning midwifery team.
Recruiting for newly qualified Band 5 neonatal nurses to join our regional neonatal service.
Are you a skilled and experienced practitioner who is able to assess and provide care, advice and support to babies and their families?
Belfast is the regional centre for foetal medicine and we offer a wide range of specialist experience.
Join a team of consultants providing specialist neonatal services and a tertiary referral service for neonatal medicine in Northern Ireland.
Join the team that provides physiological support, measurement, clinical intervention and management of equipment.
Successful candidates will follow a competency-based training programme of SCCT modules.
Are you an experienced CCS and interested in joining our team to provide critical care technical expertise in neonatology and obstetrics?
We are the tertiary centre for both disciplines.
Are you an experienced CCS interested in a role within the maternity and neonatal service?
Our new Maternity Hospital opening in 2022 will provide many opportunities to demonstrate managerial and leadership qualities.
Our vision is to provide the safest, most effective and most compassionate care. To achieve this, we know our staff are our greatest strength.
As an organisation, we have listened and are continuing to listening on how our staff feel about working in Belfast Trust.
From this learning, we have developed our People and Culture strategy with you, our staff at the core.