Caring for someone can be rewarding, especially when you can see the person is well and living safely at home. However, it is often hard work and can leave carers feeling exhausted.
We provide support for carers of all ages, in all caring situations. We aim to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of carers.
We are aware that the Covid-19 pandemic remains a very anxious time for family carers. We cannot currently offer face-to-face assistance through the carer support service but support is still available by contacting us Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm at telephone 028 9504 2126 or email: CarerSuppSvcs@belfasttrust.hscni.net
Carer Support Service
The Carer Support Service provides a range of support and information to carers.
All carers are encouraged to request a Carers information pack which provides details on:
- Support services for carers
- Carer’s support assessment
- The financial cost of caring – what you need to know
- Information for relatives and carers who have someone going into hospital
- Steps to deal with stress
Carer information list
Join the Belfast Trust carer information list to receive:
- A quarterly newsletter
- Regular information to help you in your caring role
- Opportunities to join carer events and activities
Click here to register your details (Carers Information List (office.com)
To support carers, the Carers Team, co-ordinate a range of workshops on a monthly basis. Due to social distancing guidelines, currently the majority of workshops are available online.
Check out the current activities and events here.
Listening ear service
The Belfast Trust has committed to establishing a Carer Network for unpaid and family carers to involve you in shaping and delivering our priorities.
The Network will work to:
- Identify and decide carer priorities through the Carers Strategy 2022-onwards and the Trust Corporate Plan.
- Assist with specific projects to progress the Carers Strategy.
- Improve how we engage and communicate with carers.
An Information Pack is available to download here which includes details about the role of the Network and what we are asking carers to get involved in.
If you would be interested in joining, please complete an Expression of Interest by Friday 4th February by clicking here or alternatively, please call 028 95042126 or email CarerSuppSvcs@belfasttrust.hscni.com to request a hard copy. If you would like assistance to complete your application, please just let us know.