Adult Protection Gateway Team
The Adult Protection Gateway Team helps people who are being abused, exploited or neglected. Abuse, exploitation or neglect can be caused by anyone. It can also happen anywhere.
Abuse, exploitation or neglect can include the following:
- physical abuse, for example hitting, pushing or kicking
- sexual abuse or sexual assault
- psychological or emotional abuse, for example bullying, name calling or insults
- financial abuse, for example stealing money or valuables
- institutional abuse
- not feeding or caring for someone
- taking advantage of another person or abusing a position of power
If you know someone is being abused, exploited or neglected, contact us. If you are an adult at risk of harm and in need of protection, contact us. Anyone can contact us directly.
The number for the Adult Protection Gateway team is 028 9504 1744 and we are available from 9am to 5pm. If you need to speak to someone outside these hours, contact the emergency social work service on 028 9504 9999.
If you ever feel in immediate danger or think someone else may be in immediate danger, dial 999.
You can also speak to your GP or any other healthcare professional and they will contact the service for you.