Community heart failure nursing
The community heart failure nursing service is available to patients with a diagnosis of heart failure who require a home visit.
- treatment reviews
- symptom control
- support for patients and family members or carers
We also educate patients on:
- symptoms of heart failure
- how to manage these symptoms
- early recognition of symptoms
We accept referrals from healthcare professionals.
The following criteria must apply to the patient being referred:
- two or more admissions to hospital in a one year period with decompensated heart failure
- unable to attend hospital due to advancing disease
- requires frequent follow-up and monitoring