Nursing Home Care is available when individuals require regular care by qualified nursing staff at intervals throughout the day and night to a level which could not be provided in a residential home or at home. People requiring nursing home care may need assistance with some of the following:-
- Treatment of pressure sores
- Management of severe pain through prescribed treatment of medication.
- Assistance with administration of oxygen.
- Care of urinary catheter, suction, tube feeding.
- Daily monitoring of fluids by a physician.
- Serious deterioration in physical or mental condition.
- Requiring help of two people to mobilise.
- Regular incontinence requiring frequent attention throughout the day
For further information on admission to a Nursing Home please contact the Care Management Team