The pharmacy service provides the following:
- medicines for you to use during your stay in hospital
- a supply of any necessary medicines when you are leaving hospital
- information on how to take medicines safely
- outpatient medicines that are only available through a hospital pharmacy
- policies and standards for the use of medicines
- regional pharmacy services, for example information on medicines
- chemotherapy preparation
- reviews of medicines and their effectiveness
- a supply of medicines to be used in clinical trials
- clinics led by pharmacists, for example renal erythropoietin clinics and gout clinics
- guidance against antibiotic resistance
The pharmacy service is accessible at all times, including an on-call service to ensure urgent medicines are available when required.
We have pharmacy departments in the following hospitals:
- Royal Victoria Hospital
- Belfast City Hospital
- Mater Hospital
- Musgrave Park Hospital
Pharmacists also work in community mental health teams, care homes and other community settings.
Opening hours vary across the sites. All pharmacy departments are open during the core hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.