Physical Disability Social Work Services
The Community Physical Disability Teams can provide a wide range of services and support to people with disability and /or their carers.
The Physical Disability Team can:
- Assess your needs
- Provide Social Work Support for you and your carer/family
- Liaise and work with other professionals involved in your care
- Assist you with practical help to maintain your independence
- Assist with personal care to help maintain your independence
- Discuss different ways of receiving a service, for example, Direct Payments
- Provide advice and information
- Direct you to other services which can help
How to Access this service
This service has an open referral process, so you can contact us directly, ask someone else to do it for you, or be referred by your GP or other healthcare professional.
Once the referral is received by the social work department the senior social workers must make sure that it is suitable for our programme of care to ensure you receive the most appropriate assistance.
The referral is then passed onto a social worker or social work assistant and within 3 days they will contact you to arrange a visit.
- Your main disability must be a physical disability
- You must be over 18 years and under 65 years at the point of referral
- You must be living in Belfast
There are two Community Physical Disability Teams within the Belfast Trust:
If you live in south or east Belfast:
- 1st Floor Mount Oriel
Telephone Number (028) 9504 2367 (switchboard)
- Care & Protection Team
1st Floor, Knockbracken Clinic, Knockbracken Health Park
Telephone Number (028) 9504 1744
If you live in north or west Belfast:
- Grove Wellbeing Centre
Telephone Number (028) 9063 6800 (switchboard)
You can contact the Duty Social Worker between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday.
If you have an emergency out of hours or at a weekend then you can contact Emergency Duty Team on: (028) 9056 5444.