Regional Wheelchair Service
The Regional Wheelchair Service works with wheelchair users from across Northern Ireland to determine their needs and prescribe appropriate wheelchair equipment. They will work alongside your Occupational Therapist to provide the service.
Approved Repairers also work as part of this service providing:
- Delivery and demonstration to users of wheelchairs
- Modifications to wheelchairs
- Provision of standard wheelchair accessories
- Wheelchair repair service
- Annual Planned Preventative Maintenance of powered wheelchairs
How to access the service
Before you access this service you will already be working with an Occupational Therapist. They will be responsible for initiating the process to determine what wheelchair equipment is required.
Your Occupational Therapist will submit an electronic referral using the Regional Disablement Services I.T. System (RDSS) to request wheelchair equipment to be supplied, or to request an appointment with a Medical Technical Officer for a wheelchair assessment.