Self-harm and personality disorder service
The self-harm and personality disorder team aims to:
- help you manage your emotions
- reduce your self-harm
- improve your relationships with others
We assess, diagnose and treat adult patients who self-harm and have emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD).
We provide mentalisation based treatment (MBT), which is delivered in a group setting. This treatment helps you understand your own mind (self-awareness) and the mind of others (empathy). Mentalisation based treatment is recommended by NICE for borderline personality disorder (BPD).
We also provide consultation and advice to other services.
The self-harm and personality disorder team is made up of:
- social workers
- admin staff
- support and peer support workers
You can get a referral from your community mental health team or a psychiatrist.
Old See House
603 Antrim Rd
The service is open:
- between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Thursday
- between 8am and 5.30pm on Fridays
It is closed on public holidays.
In an emergency, do one of the following:
- contact your GP
- contact your local out-of-hours GP
- go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department
- telephone Lifeline on 0808 808 8000