Specialist continence service
The specialist continence service assesses, treats and manages people who have bladder or bowel problems. Our work with patients is confidential, so your privacy is protected.
- provide support to carers and families
- provide training to healthcare professionals and care workers
- liaise with GPs and urology and gynaecology departments
Our work includes:
- personal clinics
- home visits
- bladder and bowel management
- bladder retraining
- bladder scanning
- pelvic floor muscle exercises
- referrals to continence physiotherapy if required
- home delivery service
- catheter management
You can refer yourself to the specialist continence service.
We also accept referrals from:
- family members
- other healthcare professionals
The referral phone numbers are:
- North and West Belfast: 028 9615 8100
- South and East Belfast: 028 9615 8200
If you have a query about continence or a clinic appointment, please telephone 028 9504 2378 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
The specialist continence service is located in the Arches Wellbeing and Treatment Centre.
- Tel: 028 9504 2378
Our continence clinics are located in: