ENT Rapid Access Clinic
We deal with acute ear, nose and throat (ENT) problems that can be treated in one visit, such as:
- inner and outer ear infections
- nose bleeds
- broken noses
- sudden onset hearing loss
Our service has continued throughout the Covid-19 pandemic with extra precautions in place, including increased personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning processes.
There is at least one clinic per day from Tuesday to Friday, either in the morning or afternoon, run by senior staff.
- Specialist doctors who have knowledge and experience in ear, nose and throat conditions.
- Senior nurses who have specialist training to assess, treat and provide aftercare for ear conditions.
- Audiologists who assess hearing and provide treatment and support for hearing needs.
- Admin staff who organise appointments, contact patients and ensure clinical notes are available.
We normally receive a referral from your GP.
This clinic only accepts referrals if your postcode is within the Belfast Trust area.
If you are outside the Belfast Trust area, your GP can refer you to a local clinic.
Level 8C Outpatients
Royal Victoria Hospital
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
The clinic is closed on bank holidays.