The Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia provides care to children, from birth to adolescence. This care is delivered in the Children’s Hospital and in other areas throughout the Trust.
- We look after patients who need an anaesthetic for surgery or another reason, for example sedation.
- We manage children’s pain following operations or accidents.
- We work with other healthcare specialists to look after children who are critically ill or injured. This is called resuscitation.
The paediatric anaesthesia service is provided by a team of specially trained anaesthetic doctors and nurses.
There is an anaesthetic registrar and consultant available 24 hours a day, every day of the week.
The Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia is located in the Children’s Hospital on the Royal Hospitals site.
• Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (APAGBI)
• Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA)