School Health Services
School Nurses work in all Primary and Post Primary Schools in Belfast to:
- Promote healthy lifestyles in schools by giving support, training, and advice to, children, parents, and school staff on health issues, immunisation programs and Child Health Surveillance.
- Provide health promotion programmes and support for vulnerable children and young people.
- Provide health appraisals for all primary one children, parents invited to attend and discuss any health issues.
- Provide and promote vaccination sessions to children, including HPV/ TB screening
- Aim to offer in accordance with Government strategy the collection and recording BMI measurements.
How to access this service
The service is provided in all schools throughout Belfast and Castlereagh.
Any parent, teacher, GP, Paediatrician or Health and Social Care Professional can access this service, by calling one of these numbers:
School Nurses can be contacted at:
The Roe Centre, Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Tel: 028 9504 1847
Beech Hall Wellbeing & Treatment Centre
Tel: 028 9504 0309
Carlisle Wellbeing & Treatment Centre
Tel: 028 9504 2499