Paediatric persistent pain service
The paediatric persistent pain service is also known as the children’s pain clinic. We provide assessment, treatment and support for children with recurrent or persistent pain.
Our clinics aim to restore your child’s normal action and improve their quality of life by:
- helping them manage their pain
- reducing the effect of pain on their daily life
The best way to manage pain is a partnership between your child and the health professionals working with them. There are physical, social and psychological factors to chronic pain. Our team looks at the full picture to find ways of making it more manageable for you and your child.
The paediatric persistent pain team includes:
- consultants in pain medicine
- specialist nurse in chronic pain
- clinical psychologist
We need a written referral from one of the following before we can assess your child:
- medical staff working in a hospital
- nurse working in a hospital
- allied health professional working in a hospital
Beech Hall Wellbeing and Treatment Centre
21 Andersonstown Road
Videos and podcasts
- PainBytes – Increase your knowledge about pain management
- Tame the Beast – It’s time to rethink persistent pain
- The mysterious science of pain
- Understanding pain in less than 5 minutes and what to do about it!
- What is chronic pain?
- Learning how to manage pain during medical procedures
- The psychology of pain
- Helping teens with chronic pain
- How does your brain respond to pain?