We provide a range of specialist dental services:
- Community dental care
- Special care dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Oral medicine
- Paediatric dentistry (for children aged under 13 years)
- Restorative dentistry (including root canal treatment, dentures and implants)
We also operate undergraduate dental student teaching clinics including:
- Urgent Student Clinic (QUB toothache clinic)
Services are provided in:
Please note:patients cannot attend specialist clinics in the School of Dentistry without an agreed appointment.
Please do not walk in as you will not be treated.
To access any of our specialist services, you need to be referred by one of the following:
- hospital-based consultant
- other healthcare professional (in some circumstances)
Urgent Student Clinic (QUB) at School of Dentistry
- Provides emergency dental day time appointments for unregistered dental patients
- Treatment is provided by supervised dental students.
- Monday to Friday during QUB term time only.
- Click this link to apply for an appointment
- Please note that the application form will not be available during student holiday and exam periods.
- When we have checked your application, we will telephone you to offer an appointment.
- Please contact 028 9615 1216 if you require an alternative way to access this service.
Regional Emergency Dental Clinics
- Provides out of Hours emergency dental care for patients from the Belfast, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and South Eastern health board areas of NI.
- Appointments are available on:
- Saturdays/Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Telephone – 028 2566 3510 Lines Are Open Between 00am and 12 noon (Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays)
- Calls will be directed to a dentist for clinical assessment.
- Advice or a treatment appointment may then be provided for the following dental conditions:
Due to high demand for out-of-hours appointments patients may have to travel outside their local area for treatment slots.
Patients should not attend any Emergency Dental Clinic without an arranged appointment.
NORMAL GENERAL DENTAL SERVICE CHARGES WILL BE PAYABLE at EMERGENCY DENTAL CLINICS.
For further information, please visit Out of Hours Emergency Dental Treatment – DOH/HSCNI Strategic Planning and Performance Group (SPPG) – formerly HSCB
If the condition is more serious or urgent you may need to attend your local Emergency Department.
Patients who meet these criteria should attend an Emergency Department:
- oral bleeding that the patient or carer is unable to control with self-care measures
- mouth or face swelling that gets worse over a period of a few hours
- mouth or face swelling that affects the ability to swallow or open the mouth
- mouth face or swelling that is affecting your vision
- serious dental trauma – physical injury to the mouth
If you have not been referred to the service our reception staff will not be able to help you make an appointment. If you need a dentist or emergency dental treatment please click here.
School of Dentistry clinics
|New Patient Office
Use this number if you have been referred but have not been seen yet or if you are unsure of your department
|Reception: 028 9615 9500|
|Oral surgery||Reception: 028 9504 0725 or 028 9615 1204
Secretaries: 028 9615 5915 or 028 9615 5962
|Day Procedure Unit||Sister’s Office: 028 9615 0160
Recovery: 028 9504 0386
|Oral medicine||Reception: 028 9615 1204 or 028 9504 0725
Secretaries: 028 9615 5755 or 028 9615 5943
|Orthodontics||Reception: 028 9615 1211
Secretary: 028 9615 6029
|Restorative||Reception: 028 9615 1218
Secretary: 028 9615 5954 or 028 9615 5683
|Prosthetics and Urgent Student Clinic||Reception: 028 9615 1216
Secretary: 028 9615 5683
|Periodontics||Reception: 028 9615 1220|
|Conservation||Reception: 028 9615 1218|
Email for Interpreter or Hearing Impaired
Paediatric (Children’s) Dental Clinic
Reception: 028 9615 6909
Wellbeing and Treatment Centres
- Arches Wellbeing and Treatment Centre Dental Clinic: 028 9504 2315
- Beech Hall Wellbeing and Treatment Centre Dental Clinic: 028 9504 0319
- Bradbury Wellbeing and Treatment Centre Dental Clinic: 028 9504 2318
- Carlisle Wellbeing and Treatment Centre Dental Clinic: 028 9615 1919
- Knockbreda Wellbeing and Treatment Centre Dental Clinic: 028 9504 0490 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only)
The School of Dentistry is on the Royal Hospitals site close to the main Royal Victoria Hospital.
If you’re a current patient of the School of Dentistry and wish to contact the clinic or consultant use the numbers in the table above.
The Paediatric Dental Clinic is located in the Children’s Hospital. On the main Royal Victoria Hospital Site .