The paediatric dentistry department in the Children’s Hospital provides dental care for children aged under 13 years.
We treat a range of issues including:
- complicated mouth injuries
- missing, extra and unexplained worn teeth
- teeth that fall out too early or too late
- cleft lip and/or palate
- irregular face and head bone growth (craniofacial anomalies)
- buried teeth
- gum problems
- problems with the skin inside your mouth and the bones supporting your teeth
A child may be referred to the paediatric dentistry department by:
- a dental practice
- a community dental care service
- a primary care specialist
You can also download our patient information leaflet about paediatric dentistry.