The restorative dentistry department covers the following types of care:
- Periodontal: caring for your teeth’s support structures, for example treating gum disease.
- Conservation (including endodontics): treating diseased or injured pulp inside your teeth, for example root canal treatment.
- Prosthodontics: providing dental prosthetics, commonly known as dentures, crowns, bridges and dental implants.
You may be referred for restorative dentistry by:
- a dental practice
- a community dental care service
- a primary care specialist
- a hospital consultant
For more information on what you can expect when you are referred to the School of Dentistry, download our new patient information leaflet.
For more information on treatments and review appointments, download our review patient information leaflet.