Protect your mental health during the pandemic28th April 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic has been a stressful and difficult time for many people, putting an extra strain on our mental health as well as our physical wellbeing.
The restrictions that have been in place for some time can lead to increased anxiety and feelings of isolation. Without normal routines, people can become detached and lonely.
This video from our mental health services provides some very important advice on how to protect your mental health during the pandemic.
The video includes:
- simple strategies to tackle anxiety and maintain your mental wellbeing
- information about the range of interactive classes available through Belfast Recovery College
- a reminder about the Lifeline service and the importance of talking therapies
- information on mental health referrals, which are continuing through video calls and phone calls
- a reminder that the 24 hour mental health team in the Emergency Department is still in place
Please take the time to listen to the advice and tell other people who may also need some support at this time. Our mental health services are still there for you.