Temporary Re-Introduction of Free Car Parking for HSC Staff30th October 2020
Health Minister Robin Swann has instructed Trusts to put in place, with immediate effect, the provision of free car parking to HSC staff until 31 March 2021.
Correspondence from the Minister Robin Swann about the temporary introduction of free parking for HSC Staff in recognition of the significant pressures that staff are dealing with during Covid-19 can be read here.
The arrangements for applying the measure in Belfast Trust are as follows:
- Where staff have parking access they should continue to access their designated carpark in the normal way and their salary deduction will cease from November 2020 until March 2021.
- Staff who do not already have paid car parking access can arrange to get a free parking pass for the period of the Minister’s exemption. To request this please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- The site and department/ward that you work in
- Your staff number
- The number from the back of your ID badge
- Your car registration number
- Contact telephone number
- Requests will be processed as quickly as possible and you will be advised where to collect your pass. In some cases access can be added to your current ID badge and you will be notified when that is activated.
- If staff incur any car parking costs while awaiting their new pass, they can reclaim the cost through HRPTS travel expenses with effect from 30th October 2020. Information on how to claim is available here and further advice can be provided by your manager who will be approving your request.
- To facilitate additional staff parking at night, enforcement penalties will not be applied in any 30 minute waiting areas, between 6pm and 8am. All other enforcement areas will be maintained.
- Please note that Trust staff can still travel free on all Translink services on presentation of their ID Badge.