Updated Visiting Arrangements26th April 2022
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust continues to review visiting arrangements to ensure the safety of patients, their relatives and staff while valuing the real benefits that visiting brings to patients and their loved ones while in our care.
From Wednesday 27 April 2022 visiting arrangements will be as follows:
- Where possible, virtual visiting remains the preferred option as this reduces the risk of spread of Covid-19. Virtual visiting may be booked through:
- The Patient Liaison Service via the Trust Switchboard 028 90240503
- Requesting at ward level
- One of three nominated visitors can visit daily for an hour throughout the patient’s stay in hospital.
- Wards/ departments will continue to operate a booking system for all visitors through the Nurse in Charge.
- You must not visit any of our facilities if you are unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19 or are a known contact of someone with COVID-19
- Before each visit, please support us by taking a home Lateral Flow Test (LFT) these tests are free of charge from community pharmacies.
- Please support us by continuing to wear a face-covering while you are in our facilities. Some wards may ask you to replace your face covering with a surgical mask or a visor during your visit, which will be provided.
- Please note these arrangements are subject to change for instance if a ward or department are in outbreak. If you require any further information, please speak to the Nurse in Charge of the relevant ward/department.
The Trust will continue to facilitate additional visiting in special circumstances:
- Vulnerable patients – where an advocate is required.
- Older patients – where an advocate is required.
- End of life care.
- Inpatients in the Children’s Hospital.
- Inpatients in the Maternity Hospital.
For further information on visiting please visit: