Open University Nursing Degree12th December 2022
Thinking of a career in Nursing? Do you currently work in health care? You could gain a BSc (Hons) degree in Nursing with the Open University.
Belfast Trust is committed to supporting our staff to progress their careers, offering opportunities to develop and gain new skills.
Thanks to our partnership with Open University you can become a Registered Nurse. Getting a degree in Nursing with The Open University will allow you to:
- Progress your career by qualifying as a Registered Nurse in four years.
- Learn while you earn – your employer will pay for your fees.
- Access personal tutorial support and top-quality learning resources.
- Achieve a BSc (Hons) in Adult, Mental Health, Learning Disability or Children’s Nursing.
If you currently work in Belfast Trust and are interested in finding out more, join us and The Open University for one of our online information events on:
19th December 2022
First session: 10-11am
Second session: 2-3pm
To register for one event and receive a link to join, please contact: email@example.com. It is anticipated that interviews will take place between April and May 2023.
Details included below of entry criteria.
The Open University / NMC Entry Criteria:
Applicants must: be of good character and health / be prepared to work in Adult, Mental Health, Learning Disability or Children’s Nursing / meet the English and Maths requirements / have a permanent contract of 26 hours (minimum) or more / have support of their line manager and budget holder.
English / Maths requirements: Must have English and Maths G.C.S.E. grade C or equivalent (e.g. essential skills at Level 2) completed by the application closing date and have the certificate available.
- An equivalent qualification at grade C or above for both English and Maths must have ‘Maths’ or ‘English’ in the title of the qualification. We will no longer be accepting qualifications that contain elements of English or Math in the transcript.
- If you have previously completed OU module K101, it will no longer be accepted as an equivalent qualification for English GCSE (grade C or above).
- If you have completed OU module K102 (and passed) before the 2023 application deadline, this will be accepted as an equivalent qualification for English GCSE (grade C or above).
- Please be advised that if you have international qualifications and would like these to be considered as a comparable qualification in the UK, you must supply a certificate from NARIC to support your application.
For further information and an application pack (released in January 2023) please contact our Team directly by emailing:
For further information from BHSCT please contact: