Stress Awareness Day2nd November 2022
Millions of us will experience stress which can be damaging to our health and wellbeing.
Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure and can affect everyone in different ways. There are two major types of stress:
- Stress that is beneficial and motivating i.e. good stress.
- Stress that causes anxiety and even health problems.
Stress becomes a problem when stressors continue without relief or periods of relaxation.
What causes stress?
- Financial worries
- Work related stress
- When under a lot of pressure
- Unclear / conflicting expectations
- Lack of personal control
- Health (yours or your loved ones)
- Change (planned or unplanned)
Below are some tips for managing stress in your life.
Stress in life and relationships
- Make some lifestyle changes
- Organise your time as best you can
- Address some of the causes if possible
- Identify what your triggers are
- Look after your physical health
- Take some exercise
- Have a healthy, balanced diet
- Have a healthy sleep routine
- Give yourself a break
- Build your support network
Stress in work
- Start your day off right
- Be clear on requirements
- Having compassion and support
- Stay organised
- Be comfortable
- Forget multi-tasking
- Take your breaks
- Keep perfectionism in check
- Leave work at work
The video below also offers a few relaxation techniques to help with managing stress.